Been a busy month organising a new pop up event on the 10th August with my pal Fran at Una Bicicletta Verde. We’re hosting Lemongrass, a 3 course Vietnamese Vegetarian banquet, and our restaurant/cheffy name is Jade and Verde (Jade being my Viet half and Verde being Fran’s Italian half). And we’re doing it all in the private red room of the the Vauxhall Griffin Tavern.
Here’s the menu for Lemongrass:
- Vietnamese Lemonade (chanh muối)
- Starter Platter
- Summer rolls with marinated mock duck (Gỏi cuốn)
- Mango Salad (Nộm xoài)
- Main Course
- Lemongrass and chili marinated tofu curry, served with jasmine rice (Cà ri chay)
- Fruit Cup – tropical fruit with condensed milk and ice (hoa quả dầm)
- A scoop of lemongrass ice cream (Kem Xả)
- Sweet black bean and rice pudding (Xôi chè đố đen)
The menu is 14.50 without a Vietnamese beer and 16.50 with, the booking site is here on Grub Club, and follow us on @jadeandverde on twitter and facebook/jadeandverde. As it’s our first time we’re aiming to cater to a maximum of 24 so places are limited, and you have to book in advance!